Glass is the trusted and proven packaging for health, taste and the environment. It is also the only widely-used food packaging granted the FDA status of “GRAS” or generally recognized as safe – the highest standard.
- Glass is 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without loss in quality or purity.
- Legislation such as container deposit measures will further enhance the benefits associated with glass packaging.
- 80% of the glass that is recovered is made into new glass products.
- A glass container can go from a recycling bin to a store shelf in as little as 30 days. An estimated 80% of recovered glass containers are made into new glass bottles.
- Glass is nonporous and impermeable, so there are no interactions between glass packaging and products to affect the flavor of food and beverages. No nasty after taste – ever.
- Glass has an almost zero rate of chemical interactions, ensuring that the products inside a glass bottle keep their strength, aroma, and flavor.
- When consumers choose foods or beverages that are packaged in glass, they avoid potential risks while enjoying a number of benefits.
With INOX pasteurising and cooling tunnels, particular attention is given to the temperature shock on the glass jars after a hot fill process or when moving from the pasteurising zone to the cooling zone of a tunnel. To ensure that the glass jars or containers do not break or crack, careful water temperature control ensures that this does not occur.